Date of Publication: 30-Nov--0001
The Somatometric Calculator, a useful tool in school medicine offices
Author: Dr. Ionescu Elena Teodora
The Somatometric Calculator has been conceived and realized from the practical need to manage the somatometric (height and weight) data of children in kindergartens and pupils in schools and high schools as quickly and accurately as possible. It is a useful tool that saves time and helpful for prophylactic and curative consultations, as well as for health education classes.
It calculates and interprets in real-time the results of the somatometric measurements, according to the age and the sex of the child at the date of measurement. It can be used for any person between 2 years and 20 years of age, from kindergarten to graduation of high school.
The Somatometric Calculator is an Excel 2007 based program, containing CDC growth charts statistical data, unchanged from the initial release on May 30, 2000 and mathematical formulas required for BMI calculation, Z score, BMI percentiles, height percentiles and their interpretation (useful in quarterly and annual statistical reporting ).
Keywords: The Somatometric Calculator, growth charts, preschools, pupils
. Ordinul MEC ?i MS nr. 5298/2011 pentru aprobarea Metodologiei privind examinarea st?rii de s?n?tate a pre?colarilor ?i elevilor din unit??ile de înv???mânt de stat ?i particulare autorizate/acreditate, privind acordarea asisten?ei medicale gratuite ?i pentru promovarea unui stil de via?? s?n?tos, în vigoare de la 12.01.2012
2. Ordinul MS nr. 1002/5057/2015 privind modificarea ?i completarea anexei la Ordinul ministrului educa?iei, cercet?rii, tineretului ?i sportului ?i al ministrului s?n?t??ii nr. 5.298/1.668/2011 pentru aprobarea Metodologiei privind examinarea st?rii de s?n?tate a pre?colarilor ?i elevilor din unit??ile de înv???mânt de stat ?i particulare autorizate/acreditate, privind acordarea asisten?ei medicale gratuite ?i pentru promovarea unui stil de via?? s?n?tos, în vigoare de la 04.09.2015
3. WHO, http://www.who.int/childgrowth/standards/en/
4. CDC, https://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/index.htm,actualizat în 09.09.2010.
5. CDC. Percentile Data Files with LMS Values, actualizat în 04.08.2009, https://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/percentile_data_files.htm
6. CDC Children's BMI Tool for Schools,actualizat în 13.07.2018, https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/childrens_bmi/tool_for_schools.html.
7. Caflish M, Morel-Gotzos K. Les adolescentes obeses nous interpellant. Revue Medicale Suisse 2007 – www.medhyg.ch
8. Rajka D. Obesity at children and teenagers. Theoretical aspects. Journal of School and University Medicine 2018;5(2):32-45
9. Kuczmarski RJ, Ogden CL, Guo SS, et al. CDC growth charts for the United States: Methods and development.National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat 2000;11(246).2002
10. Flegal KM, Cole TJ. Construction of LMS parameters for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2000 growth chart. National health statistics reports; nr. 63. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics. 2013.
11. CDC. About Child & Teen BMI,actualizat în 15.05.2015, https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/childrens_bmi/about_childrens_bmi.html
12. CDC Height for Age Percentiles for Boys (2 - 20 years),actualizat în 04.08.2009 , https://reference.medscape.com/calculator/height-age-percentile-boys.
13. CDC Height for Age Percentiles for Girls (2 - 20 years),actualizat în 04.08.2009, https://reference.medscape.com/calculator/height-age-percentile-girls.